Saturday, September 11, 2010

Some Thoughts

  • When we first have a desire to know the truth, we must believe our Heavenly Father will answer us of its truthfulness and then ponder it in our minds. At this time we will be ready and open to listen to the Spirit.
  • In 1 Nephi 14:10 it states that there are save two churches only.  The church of the Lamb of God and the other is the church of the devil.  Which church am I following and letting influence me?
  • Whenever instruction is given to us as a people, whether it is in General/Stake/Ward conferences or over the pulpit by our church leaders on ward "missions", if we find it hard to understand WHY we need to do these things, we should inquire of the Lord to open our eyes to understanding.  We cannot find the answers through inaction.  We must act!  Ponder, ask and listen!!! In 1 Nephi 15:11 is says it clearly:
    • If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
  • In 1 Nephi 15:15 it says that the word of God  can help us receive the strength and nourishment.  We can find the strength we need to endure our trials well as we fill our lamps with oil from living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • As we strive to live the gospel, we are promised blessings in 1 Nephi 15:24.
    • ...whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neighter could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
I love the peace that is coming into my life as I am studying the words of God.  The scriptures somehow bring a calming effect on my life.  I find it is helping me think twice before I speak, that I am taking better hold of my temper.  The Lord's promises are sure and if we study his Word you, too, can find blessings coming into your life where you are in need of them. 

0 comments: