Saturday, October 13, 2007

Re: General Conference

Hello Sisters, Oct. 11, 2007
I really enjoyed conference. My sister was at the first seeion on Saturday and said that when Pres. Hinckley told the newly called members of the first presidency and the 12 apostles to take their seats he pulled a prank on Pres. Eyring. When Pres. Hinckly finished speaking and walked back to his chair he tapped Pres. Eyring on the head with his cane! My sister said everyone was laughing. Isn't wonderful to know and love each other so much that we can enjoy our leaders' personalities!
I think the part of conference that moved me the most was Elder Wirthlin's talk on charity. I will never forget the topic of that address because it was so beautifully demonstrated to us during that talk by the actions of Elder Nelson. When Elder Wirthlin started to shake and become unsteady Elder Nelson quietly came and put his hand on Elder Wirthlin's back and arm. He patiently waited and allowed Elder Wirthlin to decide to finish his talk himself or accept assistance. When Elder Wirthlin finished speaking Elder Nelson gently helped him back to his seat. Moroni 7:47 says, "But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever and whoso is possesed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him." Certainly it will be well for Elder Nelson! How about us?
Stake R.S. Pres.

1 comments:

ShaBANG said...

GURL! I sobbed during this talk. I did. I expected Elder Wirthlin to collapse at any moment. That man was going to give his talk no matter what! I watched with so much compassion as Elder/Dr Neilson stood behind him and literally held him up. So much love they have for each other! Why can't we all have that much love... CHARITY for each other. I'll never forget that talk... Wirthlin speaking about the pure love of Christ as Neilson literally held him up to give his talk.

Each of our dealings with one another should be a visual example or expression of God's love. We were able to witness it first hand.

*Thanks for the tip on the Eyring Joke, We've been wondering what was so funny*