Thursday, October 18, 2007

Enduring Together

Bishop Edgley: Enduring Together
What happens to one happens to all. Our church ward should be our family ward.
*Mosiah 18: 8-9 --> As ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light;...Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort."
*"Adversity can bring us closer to God with a renewed and enlightened appreciation for prayer and the Atonement which covers pain and suffering in all their manifestations."

It seems at times that we need a little nudge in the right direction. I can see when my life gets stuck in that pride cycle (humble, turn to the Lord, blessed with abundance, prideful, fall to humility, etc). I ask myself why I feel so distant from the Lord and then I see I stopped reading my scriptures, stopped doing Family Home Evening, or lost that motivation to do what I know I need to do. I had become complacent in the Gospel. I ask how I got to this point? What matters next is how am I going to get back to where I need to be. How? By studying, pondering, and finding out what the Lord is saying to me/us today in the General Conference talks, what is being written in the Ensign magazine, studying the Sunday School Lesson, making sure I have FHE with my family. After all, family is what is most important to me.

0 comments: