Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Conference Thoughts

Elder Packard: The Weak and the Simple of the Church
I liked how he said that it doesn't matter where we serve but how. I've been in my calling for one year now, and I'm still trying to get into my calling...feel the direction of where I need to bring His young women and where I am supposed to grow.

Elder Wirthlin: The Great Commandment
Without the pure love of Christ, all of our other qualities, gifts or talents are nothing. We must have charity embeded into our actions if we are to be true examples of Jesus Christ. How heartwrenching to see Elder Wirthlin in such a weakened state, but as other friends have stated, what happened in his talk as Elder Nelson helped him steady himself to finish the talk was truly a perfect example of the pure love of Christ.




Audio/Video of conference talks:
http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,49-1-775,00.html

0 comments: