Thursday, May 17, 2007

Giving in and giving up

Somedays you feel so overwhelmed with all your troubles, stresses, and blah feelings that you tend to just want to run away and hide from it all...give in to them or give up fighting them. There are some few simple things we can do to help us not give in or give up fighting them. They are simple and basic seminary answers, but isn't that what the Gospel is all about? Keeping things simple and remembering the basics? This doesn't encompass all things you can do, but are some things I have done recently to help me:

  • Remember to never stop praying -- pray for things you are grateful for and the specific things you are in need of
  • Read and study your scriptures everyday!
  • Attend all your church meetings

I think I've quoted this before, but here it is again.

If you want to talk to God, pray. If you want God to talk to you, read the
scriptures. (John Bytheway)


When we follow the commandments and do the things given to us to help us progress spiritually as a person, He will bless us for it!!! Yesterday was one of those "not so bad, but could be much worse" kind of days even with doing the things above. It was frustrating to me, bc I felt I was doing all I could to help uplift my somber mood. But things come in due time...well, actually the Lord's time. The answers or blessings we seek in earnest come when we least expect them. Mine came at the end of the day to make it a good and very worth while day. :-)

0 comments: