Thursday, May 3, 2007

Early hours of the morning


What I love about reading the scriptures is that sometimes you can be reading and the words will be uttering exactly how you are feeling...things that you were not otherwise able to put into words yourself.


I have found that the time I get the most out of reading my scriptures is in the early hours of the morning when I first wake up. At that time I'm still half dreaming/half thinking about my dreams, thinking about what lays before me for the day, and any problems or issues that I'm facing. It is at this time that thoughts that are not my own flow into my train of thought. When all is still quiet and calm in the house and you can actually hear the silence, that is my favorite time to read and ponder the scriptures.
----------
Want to know a funny thing? Well, it's not really funny, but interesting and almost ironic. Here I am this morning, all gloomy from the rain, woke up from not-so-good dreams and am just blah to begin my day. :-( I read my scriptures to try to clear my head and had my thoughts read back to me as I did so. I prayed for some understanding regarding a certain situation. Not until tonight did I realize that the answer to my prayer started before I even prayed for it! Everything clicked together like an epiphany, if you will, when I was talking with Randy on the phone. :-) The Lord is aware of me and He knows what I need...it's my needing to ask for things is how that door opens between us.

0 comments: