Saturday, June 23, 2007

"...if all men had been,a nd were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni..."

The Title of Liberty

Behold, whosoever will maintain this title upon the land, let them come forth in the strength of the Lord, and enter into a covenant that they will maintain their rights, and their religion, that the Lord God may bless them. (Alma 46:12)
Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men. (Alma 48:17)
When I read these scriptures, I could see the potential that my husband (and all other men) can have. He was not only physically strong, but spiritually strong in his understandings of the Spirit. He yearned for liberty and freedom instead of violence. He had a firm testimony in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Alma 48:11-13)

When you read further in this chapter, you see that Helaman and his brethren went out to spread the gospel and their words humbled people insomuch that the Lord blessed them with peace. Because they went out, it helped the others draw closer to Heavenly Father. There are two types of people in this world: those that humble themselves and those that are compelled to be humble. Do we humble ourselves by studying His word or do we wait for someone to come to us and tell us about it in order to become humble?

Recently I changed my msn message to read "he really is my better half" because that is how I feel about him. There are times that I feel I make the right choices not only because I know it's the right thing or that I know the Lord would want me to make the right choice, but because I know Randy would also think it is the right choice. And that is one thing that I love about him...that he brings out the best in me when I need it. :-)

0 comments: