Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Love the Sabbath Day


Especially putting on church music on the computer so we can listen to it while we are getting ready for church. :-) I love this day of rest. I love being able to feel the Spirit as I go to church. I love being able to feel the Spirit when I'm there. I love hearing other peoples' testimonies. I love going to the classes and learning what the teachers have prepared for us.

There's something about going to church every Sunday. It's hard to explain. I come home feeling filled more than I was before. I feel a better person than before. I feel more happy than before. On Sundays like these I know I have filled my lamp with enough oil for the week. At least in that aspect of my life. It is what I am taught at Church that motivates me to do the things I need to. Like the "lamp oil" quiz below. I am so much closer to the Spirit as I have strived to work on the things I'm lacking on. It's the greatest feeling knowing that you have progessed spiritually than from last week...and that you are headed on the right path.

I think another blessing from following the council of the Lord is helping you see your strengths and faults...where you need to work on the most. I know that bc I've tried to keep close to the Spirit, my heart has been opened up to finding out these things about myself. And it's very liberating!! Knowing these things will have a positive ripple effect in life as I change my will over to the will of the Lord.

1 comments:

ShaBANG said...

I Long for the day when the sabbath will be a day of rest instead of a marathon of running from meeting to meeting and home and visiting teachings. I think that sometimes we forget that even church business can be done during the week so we can enjoy and worship on the sabbath. I do lover those sweet quiet days when I can relax and be unrushed and marinate in the messages of the gospel. I am finding ways to be uplifted on Sundays and maintain it by letting others know... "HEY! I need my Sundays to restore myself and my home. I may not be at the meeting." I'm grateful for those who are understanding of that.