Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Need to be Grateful

We all have our good days and our bad days.  Today just might be one of those bad days.  I remember in seminary how we were encouraged to keep a "Thankful" journal -- that we should write at least 5 things in it everyday.  I know that when I do this it helps me keep perspective on how good things are and not dwell so much on the negative. 

So, here it goes.  I'm grateful for -->

  • my little family
  • the smiles my children give
  • a daughter that is excited to do her homework
  • children who like to be active, who love to read and love to snuggle
  • children who are quick to forgive me of my short comings
  • my scriptures and the calming peace that come from studying them
  • inspired church leaders
  • my calling as a nursery chorister
  • cell phones and the internet so we can call, hear and/or see my husband when he is away
  • a husband who has a strong work ethic and tries to excel in his job no matter what is thrown at him
  • a husband who loves to play with our children
  • a husband who takes a 5 minute break from studying to say goodnight to our kids over the phone
  • a working van to get us places
  • a warm roof over our heads now that it is getting cold
  • a husband who thinks ahead by getting me my own car charger...which I used this last week
  • family and other people who are willing to give hand me downs to my children
  • food storage and the knowledge/peace it gives me in having it, the $ it saves me when we need to tighten our budget
  • the opportunity to visit teach other sisters so I can get to know other women in the ward -- I tend to be shy at first so this helps me get out of my bubble
  • family and friends who encourage better eating habits and also support me in keeping to it
  • fruit...even though you are my nemesis you still give me energy and strength when I eat you :-p
  • recipes from others who help me know how to cook
  • the opportunity  to celebrate 9 years of marriage next month

0 comments: