Saturday, October 23, 2010

Doing My Family History

My MIL sent me some names ready to be done in the temple.  I was able to get my visiting teacher to babysit my kids this morning so I could go today.  My body must've known I needed a good night's rest before going bc I fell asleep around 8:30pm...no joke.  Which is odd for me bc I usually stay up until midnight or so.  I woke up wide awake before my alarm went off around 6:30am. 

You always hear of stories that make it hard for people to get to the temple.  Mine wasn't hard, it just made my schedule late.  I live about 12 minutes away from the temple but I had to drop my kids off first.  When I went to plug in my VT's address in my GPS, it couldn't find the address or the street.  I used multiple city names...nada.  I went back inside to Mapquest it...that website couldn't find the address either!  I googled the metro station stop where she lives near and found the exact address for that...the GPS couldn't find that address either.  I was able to finally mapquest near the station so I hand wrote down the directions.  I still got lost getting there but after a few phone calls to her I finally made it to the Kiss & Ride where she picked up my kids.  This made me about 30 minutes later than I wanted to be but no rush since the temple in DC runs every 30 minutes on Saturdays. 

I made it to the 9:30am session.  I really tried hard to listen and I feel this was a great session for me personally. I did better on the things I needed to do and can't wait to come back to do the daughter.  It'll be even more amazing to do their sealings when my hubby can come help do the husbands. 

My goal for this year (what's left of it anyways) is to print out the names that are ready on my mother's side.  We have moved several times and somehow in one of the moves I found the Lorge Family History notebook that Grandma Lorge was working on.  How did it get into my belongings?????  I have NO IDEA!  But I've already looked up some of the names in it on ONE PAGE and half of the work has been done.  And I have hundreds of pages in this book.  I think that I will be busy this next year!

0 comments: