Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Letter from my Relief Society Presidency

Dear Sisters,
I love easy, don't you? I like easy jobs, easy dinner preparation, easy relationships, and so on....so a recent Ensign passage on "easy prayer" really appealed to me. The words came from a child..."Before you start to talk to Heavenly Father, think about the things you want to tell Him....once you've thought of it, tell it to Him! When you finish, wait and see if He has something to tell you." I have put these easy concepts of "think, tell, and wait" into practice for the last few days and the results have amazed me....especially the part about waiting to see what He might want to tell me! I have felt so inspired to be kinder to my family members and have felt the love that the Lord feels for me as His child. It has been profound and life-changing. I thank God for my membership in this great Church and for the never ending flow of instruction we receive from good leaders. Take care.
Love,
Sister L, First Counselor
Alexandria Stake Relief Society

0 comments: