Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Light of the Atonement will illuminate the truth of all things


John 7:17

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If we want to know if His teachings are true or not, the best way to prove them is by doing them. The way I see it, we have two choices here: rely on someone's testimony of it because they have found out for themselves OR we can act upon His teachings to know for ourselves. You can't gain a testimony of tithing unless you pay tithing and reap the blessings from paying it. As we gain a testimony, our faith turns into knowledge.

Later in John (John 8:12), it talks about how Christ is the Light of the world. Something that my Sunday school teacher said was really quite interesting if you read it in the right context:


The Light of the Atonement will illuminate the truth of all things

I've tried articulating what he meant by this quote, but it's not coming out right. I guess it is one of those things where you would've had to of been there. But if you want to discuss it, by all means...discuss. I'll try to explain it as best as possible.

0 comments: