Friday, April 27, 2007

Finding Peace

[Quote]

Hello sisters,

This is a hectic and sometimes dangerous world we live in. It seems like we dash from one activity to another with no time to think or ponder. I also find that when I do have time to sit down and actually listen to the news all I hear is violence, hatred, anger and wickedness. As I was thinking about this during the week I was thumbing through Isaiah and came across a scripture that seems to be the perfect cure for the turmoil in which we live.



Isaiah 32:17, 18 says, And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever; And my people shall dwell in peacable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.


Ahh, now that sounds even better than a nice, quiet, hot bath and more lasting! Let us strive to live righteous lives so we might have this peace and assurance that the wicked can never have.
Sister H M
[End Quote]
-----------------

I think we can all use a little bit more peace, don't you? If we are making ourselves too busy, then we aren't taking the time to slow down, "take a breather" to listen to the Spirit, or giving ourselves time to even enjoy a little peace! We need this time. You owe it to yourself.

0 comments: