Monday, August 6, 2007

Dead Duck

There once was a wealthy man who had a servant named John. This servant was very humble and tried to keepthe commandments and serve others. One day his master said to him, "John, why do you try so hard to be good, go to church and keep the commandments? It doesn't do you any good. You wife is ill, your children poorly clothed and you must work hard every day just to feed them. While I never go to church. I don't worry about others or try to keep the commandments. Yet I have a big fine house, lots of money and my family is healthy. Why does your god allow such things?" John shrugged his shoulders and said, "I can"t answer that right now but let me think about it."

A few days later John was hunting with his master. The master shot two ducks and sent JOhn to retrieve them. One duck was dead and the other wounded. John headed toward the dead duck. His master yelled to him, "No John, leave that one it is dead. It won't go anywhere. Get the one that is wounded before it gets away!" John retrieved both ducks and returned to his master. "I have an answer foryour question you asked the other day. Why is it I have so many trials while you seem to have none. Well sir, you're a dead duck! Satan has to worry about me getting away!"
----------

When it seems like so many things are happening to us or we can't seem to get a break just remember - don't be a DEAD DUCK! Make Satan fight to try and get you!

0 comments: